When comparing quotes, it is important to ensure you can check if the products on offer are of the same quality. Some companies will offer a product that is considerably cheaper than ours and seem too good to be true – it usually is!
When making such a large investment, such as replacing the windows and doors of your home, it is imperative to get the best product at a competitive price, as you want to be comfortable that your new products will last for many years to come. The cheapest option may be better on your finances short term, but if it is an inferior product it may actually cost you money in the long term. Quality and value for money needs to be judged over a longer period of time.
To try and help compare our uPVC products with other companies, we have put together a comparison questions to help. It is important to remember that anyone can make claims about theirs or somebody else’s products, so always ask to see proof.
At Eco Smart Designs, we are confident that our product is the market leader in WA. Being the most up to date profile, we only use the latest locking systems as used in the UK and Europe today.
To ensure that you get the quality product you are expecting, ask these questions:
- Are the uPVC profiles the most up to date and extruded in Europe under European standards?
- Are the windows and doors manufactured under an ISO 9001 Quality Management System?
- Are the windows and doors manufactured using the latest precision automated machinery?
- Are the windows and doors manufactured in the UK or Europe?
- Do the windows and doors have co-extruded gaskets to ensure optimum weather performance and noise reduction?
- Do the windows have a ‘U’ value of 1.2W/m2K as standard?
Is the glass used from Saint Gobain or Pilkington, the world leaders in glass production?
- Are argon gas and warm edge spacer bars used as standard for maximum thermal efficiency?
- Are the locking systems the most up to date as used in the UK?
- Are the windows police approved for security?
- Are the windows insurance approved?